Veterans Administration PDF Print E-mail

All honorably discharged veterans are entitled to a flag and grave marker. Some veteran survivors may be entitled to other monetary compensation from the Veterans Administration. For example, when a veteran's death occurred within a VA approved facility, was service connected or occurred while drawing a VA pension.

Recently passed legislation requires service branches to furnish service personnel to fold the flag and to play "Taps" for a graveside service. These new service offerings are in addition to Full Military Honors.

The Newberry County Veterans Affairs office will gladly answer any specific questions regarding VA benefits and can be reached through their website or (803) 321-2161. You can also contact McSwain-Evans Funeral Home, the Veterans Administration or the Department of Defense.